The Sound Spectrum in Laguna Beach is an original record store with an incredible reggae selection and albums from local artists. The store opened in the late 1960's and still has original psychedelic calenders and gifts. Owner Jim Otto and his staff are hardcore music enthusiasts always ready to point you toward undiscovered gems.
If you like this story, consider signing up for our email newsletters.
SHOW ME HOW
You have successfully signed up for your selected newsletter(s) - please keep an eye on your mailbox, we're movin' in!
1) Sade, Soldier of Love (Sony)
2) Corrine Bailey Rae, The Sea (EMI)
3) Zac Brown Band, The Foundation (Various)
4) Lady Gaga, The Fame Monster (Various)
5) The XX, XX (Young Turks)
6) Johnny Cash, American VI: Ain't No Grave (Lost Highway)
7) Various, Crazy Heart Soundtrack (New West)
8) Kings of Leon, Only By The Night (RCA)
9) Daniel Merriweather, Love & War (RCA)
10) Phoenix, Wolfgang Amadeus (V2)
STAFF PICK: Alborosie, Escape From Babylon To The Kingdom Of Zion: "This album has a Roots style, and the artist sounds like he is from Jamaica, but also has a lot of ethnic influences. It's a great spirtual album" -- Jim O.