Friday, June 8, 2012 |
4 years ago
Talk about collaboration. A bunch of shops at OC Mart Mix in Costa Mesa have joined culinary forces to create a gourmet dessert called Wafflegato.
Here's the breakdown of ingredients:
- Hand-crafted gelato from N'ice Cream
- Dauphinoise, honey and almond from Cheese Shoppe
- Show No Mercy Espresso from Portola Coffee Lab
- Alderwood Smoked Sea Salt from Savory Spice Shop
- And an extra-crisp waffle from The Iron Press
"If you've ever been interested in tasting decadence, this is what it would taste like," says Ryan of Portola Coffee Lab, who helped come up with the idea for the concoction.
Wafflegatos are $6 each will be served at tonight's Friday Night Foodies event from 5 to 8 p.m., or while supplies last. Get your gelato from N'ice Cream, then bring it over to Portola Coffee Lab's booth for all the other add-ons and dig in!