Five Random Thoughts I Had As I Stood In This 45-Minute Line at Cream Pan On Mother's Day Morning
1. There'd better be some strawberry croissants left by the time I get to the front.
2. They need more than two cash registers.
3. Supermarkets may have rendered neighborhood butchers obsolete; but neighborhood bakers like this are here to stay.
4. They need a strawberry-croissants-only express lane.
5. I wonder what the line at 85 Degrees looks like right about now?
Get the Food & Drink Newsletter
Our weekly guide to Orange County dining includes food news and reviews, as well as dining events and interviews with chefs and restaurant owners.