Cypress College is reaching out to the community in the wake of a female student's 3:10 p.m. Monday report to Cypress Police that a man tried to photograph or videotape her as she was using a restroom in the campus Humanities Building.
By evening, Campus Safety officers released a still image of the suspected shutterbug pulled from surveillance video.
He is further described as 5-feet-10, heavy set and wearing black pants and a black hoodie, with a red collar showing under the sweatshirt. He carried a black backpack. All of which pretty much describes me, although I own no black hoodie and cannot recall ever having stepped foot on Cypress College.
Anyway, the video was taken as he left the Humanities Building from the north door, heading toward parking lot No. 9.
Cypress College spokesman Marc S. Posner posted the following safety tips for the campus community:
• Exercise caution when approaching or being approached by someone you don't know.
• Travel in groups or pairs, and in well-lit areas at night.
• Report suspicious activity if you observe it.
• Report incidents immediately.
• Campus Safety is located in the Business Building, with an entrance from Parking Lot 1.
• Escorts to and from your vehicle are available by contacting Campus Safety.
• Emergency phones are located in a number of places on campus; they ring directly to Campus Safety and are identified on the campus map with a phone symbol.
• If you feel there is an immediate threat, dial 911.
Meanwhile, anyone with information about the naughty shooter is asked to call Campus Safety at 714.484.7387 or the Cypress Police Department at 714.229.6600.
Here is a larger view of Sir Perv-a-Lot:
If you like this story, consider signing up for our email newsletters.
SHOW ME HOW
You have successfully signed up for your selected newsletter(s) - please keep an eye on your mailbox, we're movin' in!
Follow OC Weekly on Twitter @ocweekly or on Facebook!