Orange County Fair Slides Into Its 120th Year With Deals and Promotions
CORRECTED: The address of the shuttle lot was incorrect in the original version.
This year's Orange County Fair will be themed "The Beat Goes On," which is what has happened to the wallets of attendees of past summer extravaganzas.
However, to help celebrate the fair's 120th year, several old and new deals and promotions are being offered.
Oh, crap, dropped my keys!
Photo by Christopher Victorio
Here's the skinny:
- The Heroes Get in Free promotion offers free admission to all active military each day of the fair.
- Free admission to all on opening day (Friday, July 16) with free parking for the first hour (noon-1 p.m.). Parking lots open one hour before gates.
- In the Pacific Amphitheatre, a limited amount of terrace seating for The Pink Floyd Experience will be free for the opening night concert.
- The OC Fair Super Pass returns with daily access for all 23 days and express-lane entry for all gates, as well as many other benefits including 20 percent off reserved seating at the Action Sports Arena and The Hangar, and 2-for-1 offers for select Pacific Amphitheatre concerts. If you buy the Super Pass before July 15, the cost is $25 for adults, $20 for seniors and $15 for children. Prices increase by $5 after this date.
- The fair will pick up the service fees when you purchase single-day admission tickets through Ticketmaster using the TicketFast (print-at-home) option.
- "We Care Wednesdays" are dedicated to different charitable causes, with all donors between noon and 6 p.m. receiving one free fair admission ticket and one carnival ride. Here is the breakdown: July 21, food drive, donate five canned food items that benefit Second Harvest Food Bank and OC Food Bank; July 28, book drive, give one new or three gently used children's books for Orange County public elementary schools through Los Angeles Times' Reading by 9 and Book Ends; Aug. 4, clothing drive, contribute 5 new or gently used clothing items for Goodwill of Orange County; Aug. 11, school supply drive, give one new school supply item valued at $3 or more (suggested items: markers, notebooks, backpacks, and calculators) for Share Our Selves.
- Every Thursday, children 12 years and younger receive free admission.
- Every Friday, guests 60 years and older receive discounted $5 admission in addition to free ferris wheel and merry-go-round rides.
- The carnival offers a $25 all-you-can-ride wristband and $1 games on Wednesdays and Thursdays.
- On Fridays, rides and games are $1 each until 7 p.m.
- A Fast Pass offers front-of-the-line access for all carnival rides for the price of $20 for that day. All food vendors offer $1 Food Tastings on Fridays from noon-4 p.m.
- On weekends, fairgoers can score free parking and shuttle service at the Experian parking lot
on Bristol Street near the 405 freewayat 475 Anton Blvd.