No Starbucks? Not a problem!
With 7,100 Starbucks locations closing tonight at 5:30 for a three-hour, nationwide "training session," what's a coffee addict to do?
There are dozens of local coffeehouses that should be cashing in and welcoming new costumers. A few worth a visit:
• Kean Coffee, 2043 Westcliff Dr., Ste. 100, Newport Beach, (949) 642-5326.
• Gypsy Den, 2930 Bristol St., Ste. B102, Costa Mesa, (714) 549-7012. Also at 125 N. Broadway Ave., Santa Ana, (714) 835-8840.
• Avanti Cafe, 259 E. 17th St., Costa Mesa, (949) 548-2224.
• Tulley's Coffee, 4610 Barranca Pkwy., Irvine, (949) 451-6855.
• Alta Coffee & Roasting Co., 506 31st St., Newport Beach, (949) 675-0233.
• Kelly's Coffee, 1801 E. Katella Ave., Anaheim, (714) 621-0471. Also at 4341 Macarthur Blvd., Newport Beach, (949) 475-9288.
Where will you be getting your caffeine fix?
Get the ICYMI: Today's Top Stories Newsletter
Catch up on the day's news and stay informed with our daily digest of the most popular news, music, food and arts stories in Orange County, delivered to your inbox Monday through Friday.