No Starbucks? Not a problem!
With 7,100 Starbucks locations closing tonight at 5:30 for a three-hour, nationwide "training session," what's a coffee addict to do?
There are dozens of local coffeehouses that should be cashing in and welcoming new costumers. A few worth a visit:
• Kean Coffee, 2043 Westcliff Dr., Ste. 100, Newport Beach, (949) 642-5326.
• Gypsy Den, 2930 Bristol St., Ste. B102, Costa Mesa, (714) 549-7012. Also at 125 N. Broadway Ave., Santa Ana, (714) 835-8840.
• Avanti Cafe, 259 E. 17th St., Costa Mesa, (949) 548-2224.
• Tulley's Coffee, 4610 Barranca Pkwy., Irvine, (949) 451-6855.
• Alta Coffee & Roasting Co., 506 31st St., Newport Beach, (949) 675-0233.
• Kelly's Coffee, 1801 E. Katella Ave., Anaheim, (714) 621-0471. Also at 4341 Macarthur Blvd., Newport Beach, (949) 475-9288.
Where will you be getting your caffeine fix?
Get the This Week's Top Stories Newsletter
Every week we collect the latest news, music and arts stories — along with film and food reviews and the best things to do this week — so that you'll never miss OC Weekly's biggest stories. Every week we collect the latest news, music and arts