Brian Jefferson Sanchez I.D.'d as Fatal Stabbing Victim at Street Racing Party
Photo by flickr user AV Dezign
Anaheim's Brian Jefferson Sanchez was the 19-year-old stabbed to death last weekend at a gathering of illegal street racers in Fullerton, according to police.
Here is the chain-of-events as reported by Fullerton Police Sgt. Kathryn Hamel:
* Fifty to 100 people got together Friday night for an "industry party"—where street racing and huffing out of tanks of nitrous oxide at an industrial park is the norm—in the 1200 block of Claudina Way in Anaheim.
* The party moved early Saturday to the 1400 block of Manhattan Avenue in Fullerton.
* After a "verbal altercation" over reasons not yet known by police, Sanchez was stabbed.
* Partygoers took the teen to a hospital in Anaheim, where he was pronounced dead.
* Hospital staff contacted police around 2 a.m. Saturday.
Investigators need help in further piecing together what happened. If you can help, call them at 714.738.6753 or 714.738.6776. Anonymous tips can be left with Orange County Crime Stoppers at 855.847.6227 (855-TIP-OCCS), via occrimestoppers.org or by texting to 274637 (C-R-I-M-E-S) from a cell phone. (All text messages should begin with the letters "OCCS".)
Get the This Week's Top Stories Newsletter
Every week we collect the latest news, music and arts stories — along with film and food reviews and the best things to do this week — so that you'll never miss OC Weekly's biggest stories. Every week we collect the latest news, music and arts