[UPDATE: Casting Requirements Changed] Disneyland Wants Musicians For Mad T Party [Audition Details and More!]
UPDATE, Jan 12, 2012, 3:13 p.m.: Stan Freese got in touch with us today and said that the casting requirements have been amended; the characters don't have to play specific instruments, as the original audition stated.
Original post, Jan. 11, 2012, 10:58 a.m.: Can you play a mean guitar riff while rocking a Tim Burton hat? If so, Disneyland wants you! Today Disneyland announced that they're going to be replacing ElecTRONica with a different kind of party--the Mad T Party, to be exact.
According to the release, The Mad T Party is "a high-energy, glowing wonderland of live music, exotic tastes and fun-filled games at Hollywood Pictures Backlot."
The most exciting part? There'll be two stages with entertainment--including a live band, a DJ and a variety of performance artists. That means Disneyland is holding auditions, and musicians from all over are welcome to try out for spots on the band.
According to talent casting and booking director Stan Freese, who's putting the band together,
the group is "going to be unbelievable." He adds, "We're going to want every good player we can get in Southern California. This is a really kind of an out-there band, because not a lot of people going to want to wear Burton-ish costumes, so the [musician should want to have] fun in this zany, out-there kind of way. It's a departure from the traditional stuff we've done here [at Disney] before."
A plethora of local talent honed their chops played at Disney, including members of the Vandals, Freese's sons Josh (Devo, Weezer, etc.) and Jason (Green Day) and more. For more information go to www.disneyauditions.com.
Audition dates:Wed, 2/1: Bass @ 11am, Drums @ 3pmThu, 2/2: Guitar @ 11am, Keyboards @ 3pmSat, 2/4: Vocalists @ 2pmSat, 2/11: Invitational Callbacks @ 11amDisney Parks Talent Casting is seeking Vocalists and Rock Instrumentalists to perform as a one-of-a-kind, five-piece band at The Mad T Party, a hip, trippy, psychedelic Mad nighttime party to be performed outdoors at Disney® California Adventure park. Guests are invited to "take a trip" down the rabbit hole as we tip our hats to Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland. Live music, unique entertainment, games and dancing all await guests seeking an escape into a fantastic world.Invitational callbacks will be held Saturday, February 11. Rehearsals are tentatively scheduled to begin early May; performances are tentatively scheduled to begin late May.The Lead Vocalist/Host for this show is covered under the terms and conditions of a collective bargaining agreement with the American Guild of Variety Artists (AGVA).All instrumentalists employed for this position are covered under the terms and conditions of a collective bargaining agreement with the American Federation of Musicians (AFM) Local 7, Orange County.Roles:Seeking strong musical performers with outgoing personalities. If cast, wigs and costumes inspired by Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland will be provided.Lead Vocalist/Host: Male, charismatic front man with ability to excite and energize an audience, strong Pop/Rock lead singer with an affinity for, and experience in, singing classic rock material such as "Don't Stop Believin'" (Journey), "Shout" (The Isley Brothers), "Hot Hot Hot" (Buster Poindexter), "We Will Rock You" (Queen), and more. Will also sing backup vocals. AGVA.Guitarist: Female, capable of singing lead vocal classic rock repertoire such as "Call Me" (Blondie), "Get The Party Started" (Pink), "Dancing Queen" (ABBA), and more. Will also sing backup vocals. AFM.Bassist: Male, aggressive pop/rock player that can play to a click track, knowledge of classic rock material is a must, singing background vocals is a plus but not required. AFM.Drummer: Male or female, aggressive pop/rock player that can play to a click track, knowledge of classic rock material is a must, singing background vocals is a plus but not required. AFM.Keyboardist: Male or female, aggressive pop/rock player that can play to a click track, knowledge of classic rock material is a must, singing background vocals is a plus but not required, knowledge of commonly used synth keyboards is a must, knowledge of "Main Stage" software is a plus, willingness to learn is mandatory. AFM.Requirements:
- Lead Vocalist/Hosts: please prepare 16 bars from one or two of the selections in the Song List below.
- Guitarists and Bassists: please bring your own instruments, amps will be provided, Guitarists should bring pedalboards, prepare one or two songs from the list below. Guitarists must also sing; singing is a plus but not required for Bassists.
- Drummers and Keyboardists: a house drum kit, keyboard and amps will be provided, prepare one or two songs from the list below, singing is a plus but not required.
- Must be at least 18 years of age to audition
- Bring a picture and résuméSong List:I Gotta Feelin' (Black Eyed Peas)Sir Duke (Stevie Wonder)Don't Stop Believin' (Journey)Shout (The Isley Brothers)Hot Hot Hot (Buster Poindexter)We Will Rock You (Queen)Please Don't Stop The Music (Rhianna)Locomotion (Little Eva)Call Me (Blondie)Get The Party Started (Pink)Dancing Queen (ABBA)American Woman (Lenny Kravitz)Location:Disneyland Resort - Ball Cast Member Lot1220 West Pl.Anaheim, CA 92802
- Sign-in begins 30 minutes prior to each call
- Park in the Ball Cast Member Lot located off Ball Rd. at West Pl. (three blocks west of Harbor Blvd.)
- You must bring a picture ID to be admitted backstageFor more information, please check out our Audition Calendar at www.DisneyAuditions.com.
Get the ICYMI: Today's Top Stories Newsletter Our daily newsletter delivers quick clicks to keep you in the know
Catch up on the day's news and stay informed with our daily digest of the most popular news, music, food and arts stories in Orange County, delivered to your inbox Monday through Friday.