Top 5 Songs That You'd Like to Dedicate to Someone You Like BUT, You'll Look Like a D-Bag.
Yes, the Green Day song on this list definitely qualifies as D-bag material
It happens to the best of us. We meet someone new and suddenly every song starts to remind us of them. It's kind of like when you break-up and every song instantly mocks what you had....but these songs feel sooooo much better. Brand spanking new relationships rule and while you are at that point of complete newness, your partner can do no wrong. Ahhh, the magic of rose-colored lenses. You know how it is, you hear a song and you'd just love to dedicate it to them but it could be too much too soon. Will you look crazy? Are you in deeper than they are? Screw it. With this list we're tapping in on those kinds of songs that remind you of what you have "in the now" with the "Top 5 Songs You'd Like to Dedicate to Someone You Like But, You'll Look Like a D-bag." Don't worry, we won't tell anyone.
5. The Bangles, "In Your Room" When you really like someone and you are thinking of them constantly, there is no doubt that you will constantly be sizing up every scenario. You know, how you'll look in their clothes (this actually might only apply to women but we're not judging either way), all of the things you want to do to them and with them, and just being alone with them in the warm glow of the candlelight. In their room. Nothing screams I WANT IT ALL WITH YOU like "In Your Room" because it really lays down how far you'll go and what exactly you'd like to do. And according to The Bangles it is, "Anything you want me to. In your room."
4. Maroon 5, "Daylight" It is inevitable that you'll have to leave your love's side at some point or quite possibly, they are someone who travels often and they will have to leave you. When this time comes, "Daylight" is a song that you'll no doubt connect with because it is all about leaving yet living in the moment before it happens. Of course it would be nice if someone as hot as Adam Levine was singing it directly to us but let's be real, our love/crush/whoever we're fucking will just have to do in the "hold you so close" department. For tonight anyway.
3. Green Day, "Oh Love" Putting yourself out there is hard and when it comes to "Oh Love" by Green Day, Billy Joe's lyrics really put it all out there in a totally relatable way. His heart is in a noose, his heart is on the loose, and what he really wants is for whoever he is singing to please hold on to his life. And truthfully, isn't that where being in love (or deep like) transports you to? As BJ puts it, "Talk myself out of feeling. Talk my way out of control. Talk myself out of falling in love. Falling in love with you." In other words, he's tried to protect himself and that is hands down the hardest thing about being in a relationship. But you're there now right? Your heart is on the loose.
2. Lumineers, "Hey Ho" A new relationship can be hard especially if the other person is seeing other people and you're feeling like you're "all in." Dedicating this Lumineers song could potentially make you look like a total d-bag but lyrically, it makes sense. "Love, we need it now. Let's hope for some." really says it all. Now if only you could sing, "I belong with you, you belong with me. You're my sweetheart." at the top of your lungs to them and it would ring true because they totally get it. Without looking like straight up water and vinegar of course.
1. Brandon Flowers, "Crossfire" Talk about the ultimate song of affection! "Crossfire" might be a bit stalker-rific because of the whole, "Let me inside, no cause for alarm. I promise tonight not to do no harm" part but honestly, it's all love. We're all really "caught up in the crossfire of Heaven and Hell" and "searchin' for shelter" when it comes to the perfect pairing. Again, texting the lyrics to someone you like could be somewhat awkward which is why we suggest you turn it up in your car or your headphones and keep it to yourself. But damn, you just want to lay their body down, lay their body down, lay their body down. Don't worry. We get it.
Get the ICYMI: Today's Top Stories Newsletter Our daily newsletter delivers quick clicks to keep you in the know
Catch up on the day's news and stay informed with our daily digest of the most popular news, music, food and arts stories in Orange County, delivered to your inbox Monday through Friday.