Six Most Notorious Musician/Wrestler Incidents (Not Including Hulk Hogan Almost Joining Metallica)
Wrestling and heavy metal have gone hand-in-hand since, well, the '70s. That being said, NME reported the startling news that wrestling icon Hulk Hogan was buds with Metallica's Lars Ulrich and wasthis close to joining Metallica in the early '80s when the Hulkster was a session bassist (believe that or not). Imagine if the Hulkster joined forces with Ulrich, Hetfield and Hammett? The world would be a different place. If that weren't enough, Hogan also professed his love for Mancunian rockers The Stone Roses and divulged that he used to work out to the band (who woulda thunk it?!). That being said, here are some of the better wrestling/musician combos from over the years.
6. Captain Lou Albano and Cyndi Lauper: This was the first of the music/wrestler combo. It's totally '80s and was the official video for "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun." If you don't believe me, watch this clip.
5. The Undertaker and Limp Bizkit: When Fred Durst and company were at the height of their powers, they performed "Rollin'"at Wrestlemania during The Undertaker's intro. Cool at the time, just because of relevance along with The Undertaker's then-image, but this one didn't stand the test of time.
4. Triple H and Motorhead: Not gonna lie, this one is pretty wicked. Lemmy and crew playing again at Wrestlemania was pretty badass.
3. Jake "The Snake" Roberts and Alice Cooper: Due to their fondness of snakes, hard not to see this one working out. Oh and Alice manages Jake in a pivital match at Wrestlemania against the Honky Tonk Man
2. Rey Mysterio and P.O.D.: Meh.
1. John Cena and Kevin Federline: For comedic value only.
Follow @OCWeeklyMusic and @danielkohn on Facebook and Twitter!
Get the Music Newsletter
Keep your thumb on the local music scene each week with music news, trends, artist interviews and concert listings. We'll also send you special ticket offers and music deals.