Orange Bits: No Doubt, The Aquabats, Local Natives
This week's edition of news we didn't write involves our mainstays (who else?) the Local Natives, No Doubt's Adrian Young and Bayside...read on after the jump.
- The not-so-Local Natives receive international attention on the Guardian's website- [Guardian]
- Akorn Entertainment helps bring local music to the masses via film. Akorn is the visual production company for the OC Music Awards and produced The Steelwell's new "El Capitan" music video. The Daily Titan also interviewed the company. - [OCAC]
- Riff Haus in Fullerton opened their studio to a few local punk bands Friday. Lake Forest's A Dying Breed opened the night with their first show ever and called "a vital addition to the scene." Yorba Linda's Media Blitz played a "gravity defying set." Big Wheel Magazine has the full review- [Big Wheel]
- Huntington Beach goofballs (in the best way possible) The Aquabats released a new EP called Radio Down. [Facebook]
- No Doubt's Adrian Young ran the NY Marathon on Sunday. The band said they expected him to win; unfortunately, someone from Ethiopia took the prize instead. [Facebook]
Get the Music Newsletter
Keep your thumb on the local music scene each week with music news, trends, artist interviews and concert listings. We'll also send you special ticket offers and music deals.