No Doubt Album Ready in Two Months, Says Rolling Stone
Andrew Youssef/OC Weekly
Rolling Stone came out with an interview with No Doubt, this time to talk about the details of their newest album, the band's sixth. The part you definitely want to know about is that the album is "about two months from completion."
Here's the Cliff Notes version of the story written by Gavin Edwards:
1. Song titles/descriptions are:
- "Settle Down" is a party-ready reggae blast featuring Stefani's toasting skills.
- "One More Summer" updates the band's ska-pop sound with pounding dance beats, arena-sized guitars and a beyond-catchy chorus: "One more summer/One more weekend/I'm your lover/You're my weakness." (Drummer Adrian Young tells his band mates he can't wait to play the song live: "I might lose control and shit all over myself.")
2. Working together again (as a band) just felt right. "I had gone on my tortured journey of working with outside songwriters," Stefani says. "I would throw up if someone made me do that again."
3. "Writing with other people is a learning experience," Kanal adds, "but when you come back, and you're sitting in a room together, it feels like home."
Get the ICYMI: Today's Top Stories Newsletter Our daily newsletter delivers quick clicks to keep you in the know
Catch up on the day's news and stay informed with our daily digest of the most popular news, music, food and arts stories in Orange County, delivered to your inbox Monday through Friday.