In “School Colors” Daffodil J. Altan looks at San Juan Capistrano’s schools, where white kids are painted into one corner, Latino kids into another. And asks: How did this happen?
In “Bent Over Rentl” Matt Coker looks into the historic $618,000 out-of-court settlement that was money well-spent for owners of a government-subsidized Stanton apartment complex.
• The Weekly's standing columns, ¡Ask a Mexican!, Hey You! and Savage Love
• Restaurant reviews of Casa Inka in Fountain Valley and El Amanecer in Santa Ana.
• Culture focuses on Jim Hornung's 'Archeo-Art' show In Long Beach, Cartoonist Lynda Barry's How-To Book 'What It Is', Trendzilla talks Harvey's seat belt bags, and Game On dissects video games from the past
• Film reviews of Summer '08: Batman Saved the Season, While a Little 'Sex' Went a Long Way and the Indies Went South 2 and local special screenings
• Music features an interview with Brit trip-hop pioneer Tricky, worldly music websites, Rex Reason looks at the Simpkin Project; Locals Only listens to Baby Champ, 'Illoee', and new CD reviews of Nisennenmondai, 'Neji/Tori' (Smalltown Supersound) and Donavon Frankenreiter, 'Pass It Around' (Lost Highway)
And more daily at OCweekly.com