Award-winning investigative journalist Nick Schou is managing editor of OC Weekly. He is the author of Kill the Messenger: How the CIA’s Crack Cocaine Controversy Destroyed Journalist Gary Webb (Nation Books 2006), which provided the basis for the 2014 Focus Features release starring Jeremy Renner and the L.A. Times-bestseller Orange Sunshine: The Brotherhood of Eternal Love’s Quest to bring Peace, Love and Acid to the World, (Thomas Dunne 2009). He is also the author of The Weed Runners (2013) and Spooked: How the CIA Manipulates the Media and Hoodwinks Hollywood (2016).
- Racist OC Register Reader Fustercluck of the Day Headline: Man Who Kicked Officer in Groin Pleads Guilty Comment by SSHOE: Give me a break, is this how this old man shows his thanks for the US saving his people from those commie VC 40 years ago. How about showing some gratitude and not suing the cops when YOU are the one who punched and kicked them. Oh and learn engrish, you are in […]
- Pennysaver Ad of the Week Goes Hawaiian Kama'aina ("child of the land") being the Hawaiian language word for a long-term resident of the Hawaiian Islands and there existing lawyers who specialize in representing battered spouses are all you need to know going in to this week's Pennysaver ad of the week. ] Actually, it also might help if you know […]
- The Gromble Whether you're from Orange County or some far-flung realm, you definitely want to make an attempt to catch these local boys. With a sweet, yet at times aggressive indie sound, the Gromble was one of our favorite competitors in this year's OC Music Awards. Tue., March 13, 9 p.m., 2012
- Racist OC Register Fustercluck of the Day Headline: Man Arrested in Attempted RapeComment by funkymonky: Don't mess with Latinas...It could be deadly.Comment by superrooster: The one thing that won't change is that we will still be paying for their 3 kids. Comment by nybound: It is just typical how this article became a race issue. Just because it is Santa Ana, […]
- Rush Limbaugh Gets Evacuated During Hurricane Irma [OC Weekly Editorial Cartoon] This one kinda explains itself, donnit? Even if artist Luk e McGarry wasn't such a savage that he never offers artist's statements, I wouldn't have asked him for one this time. Enjoy, and don't forget to buy earthquake insurance!
- [¡Ask a Mexican!®] Is It Racist to Call a Mexican Working at a Coffee Shop a 'Beaner'? Dear Mexican: I work at a Seattle-based company, and our customer-service department uses a phone-tree system that asks all callers to press 1 for English, 2 for Spanish, and a few other numbers for languages commonly spoken in our area. I handle customer complaints as part of my job, and I get a surprising number of complaints from […]