Award-winning investigative journalist Nick Schou is managing editor of OC Weekly. He is the author of Kill the Messenger: How the CIA’s Crack Cocaine Controversy Destroyed Journalist Gary Webb (Nation Books 2006), which provided the basis for the 2014 Focus Features release starring Jeremy Renner and the L.A. Times-bestseller Orange Sunshine: The Brotherhood of Eternal Love’s Quest to bring Peace, Love and Acid to the World, (Thomas Dunne 2009). He is also the author of The Weed Runners (2013) and Spooked: How the CIA Manipulates the Media and Hoodwinks Hollywood (2016).
- Racist OC Register Fustercluck of the Day Headline: Fugitive Accused of Molesting Nine-Year-Old Girl SurrendersComment by southoc: Thank you illegal immigration for all the benefits you have brought this state.Comment by thisisfun32: what the hell did he smell like burritos when he turned himself in or something? I wonder is [sic] he was black would they of [sic] said "Orange […]
- Racist OC Register Reader Fustercluck of the Day Headline: From Illegal Immigrant to BusinesswomanComment by WEIRDTIME: You've got a lot of guts CINDY CARCAMO for putting this story out. Illegals aren't very much welcome in this neck of the woods and you go on to glorify this criminal behavior. Have no intentions of wasting my time with reading every word- the headline is […]
- Looking for Obama Love in All the Wrong Places It will surprise no one when Orange County goes Romney in November. Republicans, with 42 percent of the registered voters in the region, hold an 11-point edge over Democrats, with the only good news for donkeys being the GOP held a 55 percent chunk in 1992. However, there are some Obama supporters in Orange County, even in a […]
- Racist OC Register Fustercluck of the Day Headline: Boat Found Abandoned at Crystal Covecomment by pcinoc: At least the migrants did not have far to walk to their new gardner [sic] and maid jobs in the Newport area.Editor's Note: The use of the term migrant is interesting. Old timers might remember that's what the lawmen and railroad cops used to call midwestern […]
- [¡Ask a Mexican!] If You Have to Ask . . . Dear Mexican: Why is it that those of us who oppose illegal immigration are called racist by many Mexicans? Personally, I think Hispanic people are beautiful, diverse people who contribute tremendously to our culture (and spicy-hot as well!). At the same time, I oppose illegals who wander across the border as if they just won the […]
- Racist OC Register Fustercluck of the Day Headline: Haiti Earthquake Hits Home in OCComment by sangell3: Haiti's leading export product was once human blood. Then AIDS came and the market for Haitian blood evaporated. Don't know how you can help a country like this. We can rebuild it but it will start to decay as soon as we leave. Tragic but the fewer Haitians there […]