The 17th Annual Wild & Crazy Taco Night has announced it's chef line up. And there are new names this year (see them after the jump). If you are not already familiar, the gathering of local chefs puts them in competition with each other to create, well, the wildest and craziest tacos. Last year's event saw tacos made with beef shortrib, octopus, duck, quail, mahi mahi, and a s'mores style chocolate & marshmallow cream taco. This year? Well you'll just have to find out for yourself.
Proceeds go towards the SOS Orange Aid Project which collects retrievable food from restaurants, grocery stores, bakeries, and caterers to distribute to low income Orange County residents.
Here are the deets:
April 22, 2010
The Lido Deck Restaurant & Wine Bar
3420 Via Oporto, Suite 101
4:15pm-5:15pm VIP Pre-Party
5:30pm-7:30pm General Event
Cost: $60 per person General Admission
$150 per person VIP Admission
If you like this story, consider signing up for our email newsletters.
SHOW ME HOW
For more info, check http://www.shareourselves.org/calendarEvents.html
Current List of Participating Chefs:
2010 Wild & Crazy Taco Night Chef Lineup
- Bert Agor, Ruth's Chris Steak House
- Bill Bracken, Island Hotel
- Dennis Brask, Five Crowns
- Paul Buchanan, Primal Alchemy
- Yves Fournier, Andrei's Conscious Cuisine
- Mark Cleveland and Tanya Fuqua, Avanti Cafe
- Manuel Gonzales, TAPS Fish House & Brewery
- Alan Greeley, The Golden Truffle
- Scott Green, Salt Creek Grill
- Chris Hutton, The Catch
- Carlito Jocson, Yard House
- Louie Jocson, Pacific Prime, Inc.
- Michael Kang, 5'
- Jason Kordas, Jason's Downtown Restaurant
- Chad Krahling, Hilton, Costa Mesa/Orange County
- Rich Mead, Sage Restaurant & Sage on the Coast
- Alessandro Pirozzi, Cucina Alessá
- Deborah Schneider, Sol Cocina
- Don Schoenburg, The Lido Deck Restaurant & Wine Bar
- Paul Squicciarini, Culinary Concepts
- Marco Zapien, Melissa's Produce
- Dessert and Coffee Provided by Pacific Whey Café