On the line this week is Pete Lehmar of Gladstone's first OC-area location. If you missed the interview, click here and here, then continue on for this week's chef's recipe.
Gladstone's of Long Beach
1 pound backfin crab meat
1 pound special (lump) crab meat
2 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
½ tsp. dry mustard
2 oz. mayonnaise
4 tsp. lemon juice
1 oz. Dijon mustard
1 oz. butter, melted
2 tsp. parsley, chopped
4 tsp. Old Bay seasoning
1 c. panko breadcrumbs, plus a little to coat
1. Combine all the ingredients except the crab meat.
2. Gently fold in the crab meat.
If you like this story, consider signing up for our email newsletters.
SHOW ME HOW
You have successfully signed up for your selected newsletter(s) - please keep an eye on your mailbox, we're movin' in!
3. Handling with care, carefully portion out into 2 oz. patties. Do not overmix or pack the crab meat. Use just enough energy to bring it together.
4. Lightly coat the patties with additional panko breadcrumbs.
5. In a sauté pan over medium-high heat, add butter, then add crab cakes and sauté until golden-brown on each side, approximately 2-3 minutes a side.
6. Serve with chipotle mayonnaise, Thousand Island Dressing, or wine-butter sauce. Can be made into a nice sandwich with soft, lightly toasted bread, tartar sauce, tomato and lettuce.