Top Chef fans may already know that recent winner Michael Voltaggio now cooks at The Langham in Pasadena. Well, Voltaggio's getting Craig Strong's sloppy seconds. Strong was the Chef de Cuisine there -- earning both himself and the restaurant accolades from Michelin, Gourmet Magazine, and James Beard among others -- before he moved south to become the Executive Chef at Studio at The Montage. Here the man answers our silly survey!
1. Dish you cook that most represents you.
Roasted Maine lobster tail, fideo, broccoli and scallions, green curry-lobster sauce. It reminds me of my time in Spain and a sauce I learned in Hong Kong.
2. What was the last meal you had at home?
Braised short ribs with ginger and sesame. Lemon tart for dessert.
3. Your favorite restaurant (other than yours):
I like trying new places so I rarely go to the same place more than 1 - 2 times.
4. Fast food guilty pleasure:
5. Complete this sentence: I would like to [verb] [Food Network star] with [noun]. (for example: "I would like to BEAT BOBBY FLAY with A STALE BAGUETTE." or "I would like to SHOWER GIADA DE LAURENTIIS with FLOWERS"):
6. Last meal of your life, what would it be?
7. Items you always have in your refrigerator:
If you like this story, consider signing up for our email newsletters.
SHOW ME HOW
You have successfully signed up for your selected newsletter(s) - please keep an eye on your mailbox, we're movin' in!
Cheese, cured meats and tortillas.
8. Your most indispensable kitchen tool or appliance:
I love my new ice cream machine and circulator!