Welcome to episode 16 of OC Speakly. On this week's episode we discuss SanTana's war on loncheras with Denise de la Cruz. Gustavo gets deep and talks with Carlos Salgado of Taco Maria about the demonization of Mexican food and what it means for many families who run food service businesses. Lisa Black reads a Hey You! about someone's gross-ass feet and we review a late night lonchera in SanTana. Enjoy!
Shout out to Tacos Los Primos in Whittier
Interview with Carlos Salgado of Taco Maria
- First review of Taco Maria on OC Weekly
- Gustavo on Twitter: Chicano cuisine?
- Taco Maria on Twitter: Identity issues
- Carlos' favorite lonchera - Alebrije's
- Carlos on Twitter
Hey You! - Shroomy Feet
- Email your Hey You!'s to firstname.lastname@example.org
Food review - Ruben's Tacos Y Mulitas
- Morning stop: Main and Bishop
- Evening stop: Main and Walnut
- Eat This Now: Weekend Al Pastor Pop-Up Nights at Ruben's Tacos y Mulitas
Leave a message on our Hate Hotline: 714-550-5984
If you like this story, consider signing up for our email newsletters.
SHOW ME HOW
You have successfully signed up for your selected newsletter(s) - please keep an eye on your mailbox, we're movin' in!