Hearts will be everywhere in February, but Hoag Hospital (whose cafeteria we reviewed) and the Newport Beach Restaurant Association want to bring to focus to the beating, blood-pumping variety. In honor of American Heart Month, the health-care provider has partnered with OC restaurants to develop special heart-healthy menus.
Throughout Hoag Heart Month, each restaurant will provide a special menu featuring choices such as:
- Whole grains rather than processed (brown rice vs. white rice)
- Serving of fruit or vegetables (either raw or steamed vs. sautéed)
- Grilled options rather than fried (grilled chicken breast vs. fried chicken)
- Entrées without creamy sauces/condiments (or option to have them on the side)
If you like this story, consider signing up for our email newsletters.
SHOW ME HOW
You have successfully signed up for your selected newsletter(s) - please keep an eye on your mailbox, we're movin' in!
Along with exercising regularly, eating heart-healthy foods can help reduce the risk of heart disease.
See which restaurants are participating after the jump!
Participating restaurants include:
- 21 Oceanfront, 2100 W. Oceanfront, Newport Beach (except Feb. 12-14)
Amelia's Seafood and Italian, 311 Marine Ave., Balboa Island
Bluewater Grill Seafood Restaurant, 630 Lido Park Dr., Newport Beach
Bluewater Grill Seafood Restaurant, 2409 Park Ave., Tustin
- El Torito Grill, (Fashion Island location only) 951 Newport Center Dr., Newport Beach
Fairmont NB - bambu Restaurant & Lounge, 4500 MacArthur Blvd., Newport Beach
- IL Giardino- 4647 MacArthur Blvd., Newport Beach
Modo Mis Cucina Rustica, (Newport Coast location) 7946 E. Coast Hwy., Newport Beach
Newport Landing, 503 E. Edgewater, Newport Beach
Pescadou Bistro, 325 Newport Blvd., Newport Beach
- Mayur Indian Cuisine, 2931 E. Coast Hwy., Corona del Mar
Pita Pit, (Newport Beach location) 3305 Newport Blvd., Newport Beach
Royal Thai Cuisine, 1750 S. Coast Hwy., Laguna Beach
- Royal Thai Cuisine, 4001 W. Coast Hwy., Newport Beach
- Ten Asian Bistro, 4647 MacArthur Blvd., Newport Beach
- The Alley Restaurant and Bar, 4501 W. Coast Hwy., Newport Beach
- The Bungalow Restaurant, 2441 E. Coast Hwy., Corona Del Mar
- Tradition by Pascal, 1000 Bristol St., Newport Beach
- Wilma's Patio, 203 Marine Ave., Newport Beach (Balboa Island)
- Yi Dynaasty Korean BBQ House, 1701 Corinthian Way, Ste. E, Newport Beach
- Zov's, (Newport Coast location) 21123 Newport Coast Dr., Newport Coast