Chef Laura De Martin of TusCA--an upscale Italian restaurant inside the Hyatt Regency in Garden Grove--shares with us a recipe for spinach ricotta gnocchi.
If you like this story, consider signing up for our email newsletters.
SHOW ME HOW
You have successfully signed up for your selected newsletter(s) - please keep an eye on your mailbox, we're movin' in!
- Spinach, 1 lb
- Ricotta, 8 oz
- White bread (torn into pieces), 10 oz
- Flour, 3 oz
- Parmesan, grated, 3 oz
- Salt and pepper
- Onion, 1
- Garlic, minced, 1 Tbsp
- Nutmeg, 0.5 tsp
- Marjoram, 1 tsp
- Egg, 1
- Sweat the onion and the garlic. Add spinach and cook until wilted.
- In a blender, mix spinach, egg, onion and garlic.
- Mix all the ingredients with the bread pieces and let rest for 20 minutes.
- With the dough, form long rolls and cut into small dumplings.
- Cook the dumplings in salted water.
- When the gnocchi are rising to the surface let them simmer for 2 minutes.
- Strain the gnocchi and sauté with brown butter.