Ehrline Karnaga and her sister Liz have built a successful bakery at Irvine's Layer Cake. Now they've ventured into making homemade sausages and serving them with beer at Valhalla Table. Here are her answers to our silly survey.
1. Dish you cook that most represents you.
Balinese wild boar sausage sandwich with sambal balado. It's bicultural, exotic, hot and flavorful.
2. What was the last meal you had at home?
Grass fed beef burger that I'm testing for Valhalla Table.
3. Your favorite restaurant (other than yours):
Fukada in Irvine.
4. Fast food guilty pleasure:
Santouka Ramen - salty and rich.
5. Complete this sentence: I would like to [verb] [Food Network star] with [noun]. (for example: "I would like to BEAT BOBBY FLAY with A STALE BAGUETTE." or "I would like to SHOWER GIADA DE LAURENTIIS with FLOWERS"):
I would like to tickle Alton Brown with a whisk.
6. Last meal of your life, what would it be?
If you like this story, consider signing up for our email newsletters.
SHOW ME HOW
You have successfully signed up for your selected newsletter(s) - please keep an eye on your mailbox, we're movin' in!
7. Items you always have in your refrigerator:
Peanut butter and chocolate sprinkles (for eating with toast).
8. Your most indispensable kitchen tool or appliance:
Le Creuset dutch oven - I can cook almost everything with it.