Daniel Jimenez of Back Bay Bistro
Meet Daniel Jimenez, the Executive Chef at Back Bay Bistro. He makes a mean Bananas Foster Nuggets, which I described thusly in my earlier review: "Simply put, I've never had anything involving bananas that impressed me more than this dessert." But in reading his responses to our silly questionnaire, maybe I should've also tried his seafood pasta.
1. Dish you cook that most represents you.
I love pasta and sea food--sea food pasta fits me the best! I love to make it healthy with olive oil, fresh herbs and white wine.
2. What was the last meal you had at home?
I BBQ'd ribs at home with my family for super bowl. Also, shrimp skewers for children.
3. Your favorite restaurant (other than yours):
Las Brisas in Laguna Beach.
4. Fast food guilty pleasure:
I love pasta, I know it is not fast food but that is definitely my guilty pleasure
5. Complete this sentence: I would like to [verb] [Food Network star] with [noun]. (for example: "I would like to BEAT BOBBY FLAY with A STALE BAGUETTE." or "I would like to SHOWER GIADA DE LAURENTIIS with FLOWERS"):
I would like to challenge Emeril Lagasse with a seafood competition.
6. Last meal of your life, what would it be?
Any type of sea food with pasta.
7. Items you always have in your refrigerator:
Always shrimp or fish.
8. Your most indispensable kitchen tool or appliance:
My sauté pan and a grill.
Get the Food & Drink Newsletter
Our weekly guide to Orange County dining includes food news and reviews, as well as dining events and interviews with chefs and restaurant owners.