A List of Food Specials and Freebies on Tax Day!
Farrell's will pay your taxes...on all food and beverages purchased on April 17...if you sign up for their newsletter
John Gilhooley/OC Weekly
So have you subscribed to OC Weekly's The Spoon Feed newsletter yet? Do it now by entering your e-mail in that big old red box that you see to the right that says "SIGN UP".
The U.S. government has granted its citizens a generous two-day extension for Tax Day 2012 on account of April 15 falling on a Sunday (and then the next day, Emancipation Day, being a holiday special for the residents of the District of Columbia). To ease the burden of this stressful day of wallet-emptying worries, several retail eateries are making freebies available to consumers April 17 to provide temporary relief in the hopes of earning some good repute. Many of these offers will require the download of special coupons to enjoy, but they're free or nearly free, so enjoy!
- Visit Arby's Facebook page on April 13 and print out a coupon good for a free order of curly fries. (An Arby's PR person has updated me to say that the coupon is available now).
- Participating locations of Chili's Restaurants will offer a free appetizer or dessert between April 16 and April 18 with a purchase of an entree. Visit their website and download the coupon.
- Select Cinnabon locations will offer two free bites between the hours of 6 and 8 pm on April 17.
- Farrell's Ice Cream Parlours in Mission Viejo and Brea will pay the tax on all food and beverage purchases April 17 only. Be sure to sign up for the Farrell's e-newsletter FUNatic by April 16 to take advantage of the offer.
- Participating Panda Express locations throughout Orange County will dish out a single serving of their new Shanghai Angus Steak entree with the presentation of a coupon available April 11 on their Facebook page.
- P.F. Chang's locations will automatically provide a 15% discount on all food purchases, whether taxpayers decide on take-out or dine-in options. No coupon is required for the "Tax Relief Discount."
- Finally, RA Sushi locations in Tustin and Huntington Beach will extend their Tuesday Happy Hour until closing for Tax Day. Enjoy $3-$7 sushi specials and $2-$7 drink specials. This offer applies to dine-in customers only.
- Seattle's Best Coffee is offering free samples of its Levels coffee delivered straight to your mailbox. To get the sample (which makes a 10-cup pot of coffee), simply visit Seattle's Best Coffee's Facebook Page to request your free sample. The deadline for claiming "The Great American Coffee Refund" is midnight on April 17, or while supplies last.
Get the Food & Drink Newsletter
Our weekly guide to Orange County dining includes food news and reviews, as well as dining events and interviews with chefs and restaurant owners.