You'll Flip Over Pat Robertson Seminar in Costa Mesa
From 2 to 4 p.m. Friday, associate professor of historyDavid Marley
hosts a seminar at Vanguard University (VU) in Costa Mesa based on his 2007 book,Pat Robertson: An American Life
. "This is a fantastic lecture for VU students because Pat Robertson is such an influential and important person in Christianity today," beamsDerrick Rosenior
, associate professor of communication, "and it is a great opportunity to understand more about him through the historical work of Dr. Marley."
Orange County Soccer Club v Real Monarchs SLC
TicketsSat., Jun. 3, 5:00pm
Los Angeles Angels vs. New York Yankees
TicketsMon., Jun. 12, 7:07pm
Premium Seating: Los Angeles Angels v. New York Yankees
TicketsMon., Jun. 12, 7:07pm
Premium Seating: Los Angeles Angels v. Kansas City Royals
TicketsThu., Jun. 15, 7:07pm
Indeed, and to help you understand more about him before Christian soldiering into the seminar, here are 10 Pat Robertson doozies:
1. On the "snowpocalypse" earlier this winter that smacked the Northeast U.S. and Atlantic coast: "Because of the bad road conditions the Almighty has made, any gay activities that people were planning on doing will have to be postponed by a day or two."
2. On the millions of straight people in New York City who were also grounded by the bad weather: "I think God probably wonders, 'If these people are really straight, then what are they doing in New York?'"
3. On "Gays Days" at Disneyworld: "I would warn Orlando that you're right in the way of some serious hurricanes, and I don't think I'd be waving those flags in God's face if I were you, This is not a message of hate--this is a message of redemption. But a condition like this will bring about the destruction of your nation. It'll bring about terrorist bombs; it'll bring earthquakes, tornadoes and possibly a meteor."
4. One for the ladies: "[T]he feminist agenda is not about equal rights for women. It is about a socialist, anti-family political movement that encourages women to leave their husbands, kill their children, practice witchcraft, destroy capitalism and become lesbians."
5. On Haiti's earthquake last year: "It may be a blessing in disguise. . . . Something happened a long time ago in Haiti, and people might not want to talk about it. Haitians were originally under the heel of the French--you know, Napoleon the third, or whatever. And they got together and swore a pact to the devil. They said, 'We will serve you if you will get us free from the French.' True story. And so, the devil said, 'Okay, it's a deal.' Ever since, they have been cursed by one thing after the other."
6. On the U.S. State Department HQ: "Maybe we need a very small nuke thrown off on Foggy Bottom to shake things up."
7. On the end-of-the-world bringer: "The Antichrist is probably a Jew alive in Israel today."
8. On apartheid in South Africa: "I think 'one man, one vote,' just unrestricted democracy, would not be wise. There needs to be some kind of protection for the minority, which the white people represent now, a minority, and they need and have a right to demand a protection of their rights."
9. On . . . his 1988 presidential run? "Is there in all the history of human folly a greater fool than a clergymen in politics?"
10. On . . . Pat Robertson? "I have a zero tolerance for sanctimonious morons who try to scare people."
Get the ICYMI: Today's Top Stories Newsletter Our daily newsletter delivers quick clicks to keep you in the know
Catch up on the day's news and stay informed with our daily digest of the most popular news, music, food and arts stories in Orange County, delivered to your inbox Monday through Friday.