- Dear Mr. President: Costa Mesa's city council plans to send President Bush a letter, asking that he reject a bill that would give some immigrants a path to citizenship.
- And now a word from the Vatican: Driving can be "an occasion of sin," so the Vatican's issued 'Ten Commandments' for motorists, to keep them "on the road to salvation," reports the AP.
- Opposing views: San Clemente residents are peeved at one neighbor who wants to add a second story and, in effect, spoil their views of the ocean.
- Ow: An expected enrollment drop in Long Beach is costing the district $45 million.
- Today in court: Attorneys are expected to give their closing arguments in the trial of Daniel Aguba, who is accused of stabbing his ex-girlfriend to death in a mall parking lot.
Get the ICYMI: Today's Top Stories Newsletter Our daily newsletter delivers quick clicks to keep you in the know
Catch up on the day's news and stay informed with our daily digest of the most popular news, music, food and arts stories in Orange County, delivered to your inbox Monday through Friday.