- Dear Mr. President: Costa Mesa's city council plans to send President Bush a letter, asking that he reject a bill that would give some immigrants a path to citizenship.
- And now a word from the Vatican: Driving can be "an occasion of sin," so the Vatican's issued 'Ten Commandments' for motorists, to keep them "on the road to salvation," reports the AP.
- Opposing views: San Clemente residents are peeved at one neighbor who wants to add a second story and, in effect, spoil their views of the ocean.
- Ow: An expected enrollment drop in Long Beach is costing the district $45 million.
- Today in court: Attorneys are expected to give their closing arguments in the trial of Daniel Aguba, who is accused of stabbing his ex-girlfriend to death in a mall parking lot.
Get the This Week's Top Stories Newsletter
Every week we collect the latest news, music and arts stories — along with film and food reviews and the best things to do this week — so that you'll never miss OC Weekly's biggest stories. Every week we collect the latest news, music and arts