Who needs fiction when you have reality?
- Dinner Escapes: Some Huntington Beach idiot stuck a knife through a Mallard - and the duck lived to tell the tale.
- Return of the Deported: Four of 23 OC immigrant workers kicked out of the country earlier this year are back - and they want their money from the janitorial firm they used to work for. The four plan to join a lawsuit filed by others in Pennsylvania to demand that Rosenbaum-Cunningham International pay up.
- More on Azia Kim: Yesterday, we noted that an OC teen managed to fool folks at Stanford into believing she was a student for eight ruddy months. Today, the Times adds that Kim also joined the Army ROTC program at nearby Santa Clara University. The Army's dismissing it as a harmless prank.
- Nerd Alert: A Nietzsche-quoting kid at Anaheim's Esperanza High perfected the gruesome new SAT.
- Today in court: Arraignment is set for Jessica Smith, who used to be on the MTV series Laguna Beach: The Real Orange County. She faces DUI charges.
Image: Wetlands and Wildlife Care Center via the OCR
Get the ICYMI: Today's Top Stories Newsletter
Catch up on the day's news and stay informed with our daily digest of the most popular news, music, food and arts stories in Orange County, delivered to your inbox Monday through Friday.