See Update No. 3 at the end of this post on Nadya Suleman saying she's hired a lawyer to sue her child neglect/sexual abuse accusers for slander.
See Update Nos. 1-2 on Octomom's manager leveling accusations against the women whose allegations led to a police investigation, and the Orange County District Attorney's office declining to prosecute.
ORIGINAL POST, OCT. 12, 11:56 A.M.: Octomom Nadya Suleman may be long gone from Orange County--she and her 14 children recently moved into a Palmdale home--but the allegations of child neglect in La Habra linger.
The Orange County District Attorney's office (OCDA) is reportedly weighing whether to file charges against the 37-year-old, sometimes porn star.
Octomom Nadya Suleman Says Child Protective Services "Supports" Her Stripping and Porning
Octomom Nadya Suleman Hates Her 14 Kids
British Journalist Enters the War Zone: Octomom Nadya Suleman's La Habra Home
The matter landed on the OCDA's desk after a La Habra Police Department investigation, reports the Associated Press, which notes it will be up to prosecutors to decide if a crime happened.
New allegations have surfaced following previous complaints that sent Orange County Social Services out to visit Suleman's former home on Madonna Lane in La Habra. The agency has cited confidentiality in so far not releasing to the public the results of its investigation.
The police probe is based on claims reported last month by a caregiver, according to the AP, which adds Gina Rodriguez, a former porn performer who now manages Suleman, characterized the accuser as "a woman who became obsessed with the children." (Good thing someone is; just sayin . . .)
Various journalists and gossip columnists who visited the Madonna Lane home while Suleman and her children occupied it described horrid conditions, with one likening it to a war zone. In July 2011, InTouch magazine published the photos above that were said to show one Suleman child eating drywall. Suleman accused the magazine of fabrication, but InTouch stood by its report that was titled, "In Danger?"
UPDATE NO. 1, OCT. 12, 2:32 P.M.: Rodriguez, Suleman's manager, reportedly accuses the caretaker who took the child neglect allegations to police as a stalker, a threatening texter and would-be author.
Octomom and her children moved to Palmdale two weeks ago in part to avoid the unidentified woman, Rodriguez reportedly told the Orange County Register, adding the accuser befriended Suleman shortly after the octuplets were born in 2009, went on to stalk her and sent her threatening text messages demanding to see the children.
"None of the allegations are true," Rodriguez is said to have written in an email. "This is a woman who became obsessed with the children and contacted me to help her write a book."
UPDATE NO. 2, OCT. 12, 5:32 P.M.: The district attorney's office decided this morning it will not prosecute Suleman, reports TMZ, which claims the agency was also weighing a second nanny's allegations of sexual abuse in the La Habra home.
Prosecutors concluded there was insufficient evidence to pursue charges based on the caregivers' accusations of child neglect and the sexual abuse of a younger child by an older sibling, TMZ claims.
Octomom is alleged to have told a nanny "Don't worry" when informed of the abuse and to have locked her children in a room another day so she could get some peace and quiet outside, reports Suleman's go-to gossip media mouthpiece.
UPDATE NO. 3, OCT. 18, 2:38 P.M.: In an on-camera interview that stretches the definition of "exclusive"--given her near daily exposure in the gossip media--Suleman tells the Cronkite-esque Celebuzz she has lawyered up to fight two women she accuses of slander. Here is video from the interview:
To recap, according to Suleman:
"I have retained an attorney to go against them for slander and all the false allegations against me and their elder children."
"These were not nannies; they were never former nannies. They were just occasional volunteers and/or babysitters that would just come in ... They were plotting for years--unbeknownst to me--to make money."
"To actually accuse any of us--me, my children, my older children ... of any type of abuse--that's like the lowest blow you can go, with sexual abuse."
"I worked with children who have been molested and abused for years in school, working towards my counseling degree. That allegation is the sickest, sickest you can go."
She also said lawyer Gloria Allred, who recently repeated her call for legal protection of the 14 children, is "entitled to her opinion," an opinion that is foreign to Natalie because she says she does not watch television or the news.
If you like this story, consider signing up for our email newsletters.
SHOW ME HOW
You have successfully signed up for your selected newsletter(s) - please keep an eye on your mailbox, we're movin' in!