[UPDATED with Autopsy Results] Two Teens in Huntington Beach Found Dead Alongside Empty Can of Four Loko

UPDATE, MAY 17, 3:49 A.M.: Autopsy and toxicological reports reveal that the two teens found dead in a Huntington Beach apartment in January overdosed on prescription drugs, with alcohol contributing to one of the deaths, The Orange County Register reports. 

Aaron Saenz, 15, died from the intoxication of methadone (a narcotic used as a pain reliever), doxylamine (a sedative used to treat insomnia) and alprazolam (better known by the brand names Xanax and Niravam, used to treat anxiety and panic disorders). Chelsea Amanda Taylor, 16, had those same drugs in her system, along with ethanol, the intoxicant in alcohol.

UPDATE, JAN. 25, 9:41 A.M.: The victims have been identified as Aaron Saenz, 15, of Westminster, and Chelsea Taylor, 16, of Huntington Beach. Their bodies were found at an apartment in the 15500 block of Huntington Village Lane, LA Times reports.

ORIGINAL POST, JAN. 24, 4:21 P.M.:

 A 15-year-old male and a 16-year-old female were found dead inside a vacant Surf City apartment on Friday, the 

Huntington Beach Independent


Along with them? An empty can of Four Loko, the famed caffeine-spiked alcoholic beverage blamed for several deaths across the country and banned in several states.  

Last fall, the Chicago-based makers of Four Loko agreed to stop adding caffeine to the drink to comply with FDA regulators, who declared the stuff was unsafe. 


All-access pass to the top stories, events and offers around town.

  • Top Stories


All-access pass to top stories, events and offers around town.

Sign Up >

No Thanks!

Remind Me Later >