- Gore guilty: Al Gore III pleaded guilty Monday to possessing marijuana and other drugs when he was caught speeding in OC earlier in the month, reports the LA Times.
- This shooter's a giver: "Machine-gun Sonny" has mastered a shooting game at the OC Fair and wins mountain bikes nightly. But he doesn't keep his winnings, instead giving 'em to unsuspecting kids. The fair officials don't mind being cleaned-out, reports the Reg.
- See you in court, sea lion stabber: On Sept. 10, the Garden Grove man who allegedly stabbed a sea lion in Newport Beach will face a judge.
- Wacky headline: "Child, Chihuahua Witness Bust," reads a top item in today's Long Beach Press Telegram. The story's about one granny gone bad.
- Enough Geekdom! Fishbowl LA tells the Los Angeles Times and OC Weekly to 'roll up your Superman sleeping bags and get on the bus' now that Comic-Con is over. OK, fine. But after this last...post...
Get the ICYMI: Today's Top Stories Newsletter
Catch up on the day's news and stay informed with our daily digest of the most popular news, music, food and arts stories in Orange County, delivered to your inbox Monday through Friday.