- Gore guilty: Al Gore III pleaded guilty Monday to possessing marijuana and other drugs when he was caught speeding in OC earlier in the month, reports the LA Times.
- This shooter's a giver: "Machine-gun Sonny" has mastered a shooting game at the OC Fair and wins mountain bikes nightly. But he doesn't keep his winnings, instead giving 'em to unsuspecting kids. The fair officials don't mind being cleaned-out, reports the Reg.
- See you in court, sea lion stabber: On Sept. 10, the Garden Grove man who allegedly stabbed a sea lion in Newport Beach will face a judge.
- Wacky headline: "Child, Chihuahua Witness Bust," reads a top item in today's Long Beach Press Telegram. The story's about one granny gone bad.
- Enough Geekdom! Fishbowl LA tells the Los Angeles Times and OC Weekly to 'roll up your Superman sleeping bags and get on the bus' now that Comic-Con is over. OK, fine. But after this last...post...