- Stripping Street: Today the OC Board of Supervisors will discuss stripping county Treasurer-Tax Collector Chriss Street of his authority over the county's multi-billion dollar investment portfolio. The Times looks into the Street-Moorlach friendship and how it went sour, while the Register digs into the documents Street released last month.
- Overkill: What's more fun than one Great Park story? The Times has 10 Great Park-related tales (written by two reporters) up today.
- Spinning 9/11: It's always interesting to see how the media packages the 9/11 story. So far, everything seems regurgitated. Most common: the "how we grieve" story and the "this is callous, but can we stop grieving now?" story.
- Today at 2 p.m. The Stanley Cup will be on display at Anaheim City Hall.
- Tonight: Free tickets to The Slackers show. Details at Heard Mentality.
Get the This Week's Top Stories Newsletter
Every week we collect the latest news, music and arts stories — along with film and food reviews and the best things to do this week — so that you'll never miss OC Weekly's biggest stories. Every week we collect the latest news, music and arts