- It's gonna be another scorcher: Yesterday's heat wave crashes into today.
- You're on yer own, buddy: Should Capistrano Unified foot its ex-supe's legal fees? This is the guy who faces criminal charges related to allegedly creating "enemies lists" during a recall election. The district's trustees voted a unanimous N-O.
- Today's mind-boggling Daily Pilot top tale . . . is about a band. Not entirely local either.
- If you thought High School Musical was annoying: Wait'll you get a load of the sequel. Yes, there is a sequel.
- Not all cotton candy and ferris wheels: Arrests at the OC Fair are up 41 percent from last year, says the sheriff's department.
- Times, Register catch up: With Moxley, who broke this teen ass-rape story yesterday.
Get the ICYMI: Today's Top Stories Newsletter
Catch up on the day's news and stay informed with our daily digest of the most popular news, music, food and arts stories in Orange County, delivered to your inbox Monday through Friday.