- Big Google's watching you, OC: Adios, privacy. Google's added a "street view" function to Google Maps that has LA covered, as well as bits of the following parts of OC: Anaheim, Newport Beach, Huntington Beach and Laguna Niguel. Long Beach is on it, too.
- No deal, Disney: Talks have reportedly ended between Disney officials and the developer that wants to build cheap housing by the Mouse's ritzy resort — but no settlement was made.
- Grab your robes, H.B.: The Huntington Beach City Council voted unanimously to ban nudity yesterday. Comments from the meeting: "I'm concerned about some thong and bikini implications," said Councilwoman Debbie Cook, commenting on the proposed ordinance language. "That would apparently be illegal under the ordinance, not that I would wear one." It's just as well, as Google Maps now has the city on camera.
- This year, cows, next year: "Say cheese" is the 2008 theme of the OC Fair.
- Of mice and men: Anaheim workers are going into overtime to purge Angel Stadium of rats.
Get the This Week's Top Stories Newsletter
Every week we collect the latest news, music and arts stories — along with film and food reviews and the best things to do this week — so that you'll never miss OC Weekly's biggest stories. Every week we collect the latest news, music and arts