Thursday's Headlines. No Surprises: Carona Free (For Now)
- Carona free (for now): Yesterday, Sheriff Mike Carona walked out of the Ronald Reagan Federal Courthouse with his wife, Debbie, after being cuffed and held in a cell for hours. They'll be back to enter their pleas Monday. Bail was set at $20,000 for each Carona and $10,000 for the sheriff's mistress, Debra Hoffman. Coverage: LAT, OC Reg. Be sure to read Weekly ME Rich Kane's way more lively take here.
- About that fire: It's now 90 percent contained. The Register reports that some 3,000 people remain evacuated from Silverado, Blackstar and Baker canyons.
- Shitty Halloween: A 12-year-old trick-or-treater was seriously injured last night, having been struck by a Honda CRV at around 6:35 p.m.
- In case you missed it: Check out The Liberal OC's list of Orange County’s Scariest Political Bloggers.
- Knott's Freebie: U.S. veterans and military personnel get free Knott's Berry Farm admission today through Nov. 22, as part of a Veterans Month celebration.
Get the ICYMI: Today's Top Stories Newsletter
Catch up on the day's news and stay informed with our daily digest of the most popular news, music, food and arts stories in Orange County, delivered to your inbox Monday through Friday.