- The Shakespearean plot thickens: A 22-year-old Muslim man who was rejected by the devoutly Hindu family of his UC Irvine-attending ex-girlfriend has been charged with the murder of her father and sister, as well as the attempted murder of her mother. (LAT, OCR)
- Death knell for film commission: Orange County supervisors ruled to kill off the county film commission, but decided to let the tourism council live. Both were "on the chopping block for years," reports the Times.
- Goofy Hat Bandit suspect nabbed: A man suspected of robbing nearly 40 banks in a variety of fishing hats, fedoras and baseball hats was arrested yesterday in Ladera Heights.
- Schooled . . . by KCal9? The station publishes an entire 100-word list every high school graduate (and their parents) should know.
- Today at 3: Grocery workers from Fullerton are expected to rally at the Albertsons corporate headquarters to "remind" them that contract negotiations are still up in the air.
Get the This Week's Top Stories Newsletter
Every week we collect the latest news, music and arts stories — along with film and food reviews and the best things to do this week — so that you'll never miss OC Weekly's biggest stories. Every week we collect the latest news, music and arts