- The Shakespearean plot thickens: A 22-year-old Muslim man who was rejected by the devoutly Hindu family of his UC Irvine-attending ex-girlfriend has been charged with the murder of her father and sister, as well as the attempted murder of her mother. (LAT, OCR)
- Death knell for film commission: Orange County supervisors ruled to kill off the county film commission, but decided to let the tourism council live. Both were "on the chopping block for years," reports the Times.
- Goofy Hat Bandit suspect nabbed: A man suspected of robbing nearly 40 banks in a variety of fishing hats, fedoras and baseball hats was arrested yesterday in Ladera Heights.
- Schooled . . . by KCal9? The station publishes an entire 100-word list every high school graduate (and their parents) should know.
- Today at 3: Grocery workers from Fullerton are expected to rally at the Albertsons corporate headquarters to "remind" them that contract negotiations are still up in the air.
Get the ICYMI: Today's Top Stories
Catch up on the day's news and stay informed with our daily digest of the most popular news, music, food and arts stories in Orange County, delivered to your inbox Monday through Friday.