- Millions for motels: Buena Park is buying run-down motels on Beach Boulevard in an attempt to curb crime in the area — supposedly giving parolees and probationers fewer living-space options.
- Long Beach claims Sochi: The Russian city just nabbed the 2014 Olympic bid, and LB is calling Sochi its "sister city." The two have been doing business for 18 years, notes the AP.
- Relaxed rules: Laguna Beach lifeguards say they'll be less stringent with diving laws.
- Nutrition education: A lot of pomp, pizazz and money's been poured into it on a national level. But does it work? So far . . . no.
- One of those days: No fresh OC news from the Times today. (Note: They had that bit on Al Gore III up yesterday.)
Photo by: OCR
Get the ICYMI: Today's Top Stories Newsletter
Catch up on the day's news and stay informed with our daily digest of the most popular news, music, food and arts stories in Orange County, delivered to your inbox Monday through Friday.