- Millions for motels: Buena Park is buying run-down motels on Beach Boulevard in an attempt to curb crime in the area — supposedly giving parolees and probationers fewer living-space options.
- Long Beach claims Sochi: The Russian city just nabbed the 2014 Olympic bid, and LB is calling Sochi its "sister city." The two have been doing business for 18 years, notes the AP.
- Relaxed rules: Laguna Beach lifeguards say they'll be less stringent with diving laws.
- Nutrition education: A lot of pomp, pizazz and money's been poured into it on a national level. But does it work? So far . . . no.
- One of those days: No fresh OC news from the Times today. (Note: They had that bit on Al Gore III up yesterday.)
Photo by: OCR
Get the This Week's Top Stories Newsletter
Every week we collect the latest news, music and arts stories — along with film and food reviews and the best things to do this week — so that you'll never miss OC Weekly's biggest stories. Every week we collect the latest news, music and arts