- Long Beach Losers: In one local weight-loss challenge, participants have to pay $2 for every pound gained.
- Carona in the clear. Sort of: The Fair Political Practices Commission says there isn't enough evidence to prove Sheriff Michael Carona knew that a Newport Beach businessman (allegedly) funneled illegal donations to his 2002 campaign, reports the Times. But the OC official may have to pay $15,000 for other campaign violations.
- Another Daily Pilot 'top story': Burgers make the top headline this time around.
- District may pay for 'enemies list': At least 11 people named on the former Capistrano Unified School District superintendent's infamous 'enemies list' are filing claims seeking $1 million each.
- Today at the OC Fair: Pineapple bowling for senior citizens at 2 p.m.
Get the ICYMI: Today's Top Stories Newsletter Our daily newsletter delivers quick clicks to keep you in the know
Catch up on the day's news and stay informed with our daily digest of the most popular news, music, food and arts stories in Orange County, delivered to your inbox Monday through Friday.