- Long Beach Losers: In one local weight-loss challenge, participants have to pay $2 for every pound gained.
- Carona in the clear. Sort of: The Fair Political Practices Commission says there isn't enough evidence to prove Sheriff Michael Carona knew that a Newport Beach businessman (allegedly) funneled illegal donations to his 2002 campaign, reports the Times. But the OC official may have to pay $15,000 for other campaign violations.
- Another Daily Pilot 'top story': Burgers make the top headline this time around.
- District may pay for 'enemies list': At least 11 people named on the former Capistrano Unified School District superintendent's infamous 'enemies list' are filing claims seeking $1 million each.
- Today at the OC Fair: Pineapple bowling for senior citizens at 2 p.m.
Get the This Week's Top Stories Newsletter
Every week we collect the latest news, music and arts stories — along with film and food reviews and the best things to do this week — so that you'll never miss OC Weekly's biggest stories. Every week we collect the latest news, music and arts