- Sweet feat: The Ducks won their first Stanley Cup, beating the Ottawa Senators 6-2 Wednesday night in Anaheim.
- A sacrificial supremacist pal? Billy Joe Johnson - a guy already serving a life term in prison - stood at a packed courtroom Wednesday and claimed he'd killed the guy his friends, white supremacist gang members Michael Allen Lamb and Jacob Anthony Rump, were charged with shooting.
- Mauled in Tustin: Two pit bulls attacked a 75-year-old Tustin woman and killed her pet poodle early Wednesday. The dogs were later hit with everything from tranquilizer darts to a beanbag to slow them down.
- An art-fueled economy: Laguna Beach's art scene drew some $55 million to the city in 2005, according to a study recently released by the nonprofit Americans for the Arts.
- Sorry, smokers: Fountain Valley is considering banning all forms of tobacco from parks. If implemented, law breakers could face six months in jail.
Get the This Week's Top Stories Newsletter
Every week we collect the latest news, music and arts stories — along with film and food reviews and the best things to do this week — so that you'll never miss OC Weekly's biggest stories. Every week we collect the latest news, music and arts