- One cold war: Pinkberry, a frozen-yogurt joint that recently set up shop in Long Beach, has been accused of lacking the healthy bacteria cultures found in yogurt. The Times sent some samples to a lab and found that it did contain such—but some attorneys are still not impressed.
- Pill-popper (or pusher?) picked up: A man in a plate-less BMW was arrested Tuesday night in Costa Mesa with a briefcase packed with OxyContin—highly addictive drugs nicknamed "hillbilly heroin" for their price tag.
- OC priest, woman vanish in Portland: Police say the Reverend David Schwartz and his longtime friend Cheryl Gibbs were last seen on June 7 at a Portland-area hotel, where most of their belongings were reportedly left behind.
- Forgery at the pharmacy? An OC sheriff's deputy was arrested Tuesday after trying to pass off a phony prescription .
- Free Lucky: The duck that survived a Huntington Beach stabbing last month is being released this morning.
Get the ICYMI: Today's Top Stories Newsletter Our daily newsletter delivers quick clicks to keep you in the know
Catch up on the day's news and stay informed with our daily digest of the most popular news, music, food and arts stories in Orange County, delivered to your inbox Monday through Friday.