- One cold war: Pinkberry, a frozen-yogurt joint that recently set up shop in Long Beach, has been accused of lacking the healthy bacteria cultures found in yogurt. The Times sent some samples to a lab and found that it did contain such—but some attorneys are still not impressed.
- Pill-popper (or pusher?) picked up: A man in a plate-less BMW was arrested Tuesday night in Costa Mesa with a briefcase packed with OxyContin—highly addictive drugs nicknamed "hillbilly heroin" for their price tag.
- OC priest, woman vanish in Portland: Police say the Reverend David Schwartz and his longtime friend Cheryl Gibbs were last seen on June 7 at a Portland-area hotel, where most of their belongings were reportedly left behind.
- Forgery at the pharmacy? An OC sheriff's deputy was arrested Tuesday after trying to pass off a phony prescription .
- Free Lucky: The duck that survived a Huntington Beach stabbing last month is being released this morning.
Get the This Week's Top Stories Newsletter
Every week we collect the latest news, music and arts stories — along with film and food reviews and the best things to do this week — so that you'll never miss OC Weekly's biggest stories. Every week we collect the latest news, music and arts