This Week in the OC Weekly
In "I Want my Midwife!" Daffodil Altan investigates the reasons behind the shrinking list of OC hospitals that allow midwife-assisted births—but moms-to-be and midwives aren’t taking it lying down.
In "Mixed Signals" Gustavo Arellano wonders, Does Caltrans have a double standard when it comes to Minutemen adopting highways?
In "Moxley Confidential: This Time It's Personal" R. Scott Moxley discovers that businessman Ronald Cedillos hasn’t told the whole story of his falling-out with Mike Carona.
Los Angeles Angels vs. Seattle Mariners
TicketsFri., Jun. 30, 7:07pm
New Japan Pro Wrestling - G1 Special In The USA
TicketsSat., Jul. 1, 5:00pm
Orange County Soccer Club vs. Portland Timbers 2
TicketsSat., Jul. 1, 7:00pm
Los Angeles Temptation vs. Pittsburgh Rebellion
TicketsSat., Jul. 8, 7:00pm
• The Weekly's standing columns, ¡Ask a Mexican!, Hey You! and Savage Love
• Restaurant reviews of Shik Do Rak in Irvine and Mos 2 in Anaheim.
• Culture focuses on Amy Catrina's green art instillation at Grand Central Art Gallery, Brian Kojac's Production of Dan Acre's 'Dirty Laundry' at STAGEStheatre, Musicians, Fans and Fashions and Wii's 'Final Fantasy' E3
• Film reviews of Step Brothers and local special screenings
• Music dishes on Mozambique's Reggae Night; Hedonistic Hardcore Band Annihilation; Dave Segal's Sprawl of Sound covers Hommes & Femmes Vitales; Rex Reason looks at International Pop Overthrow; Locals Only reports on Oddity's 'Illegal Truth' (Gutter Water Music) and read new CD reviews on Various Artists, 'Life Beyond Mars—Bowie Covered' (Rapster/!K7) and One Day As a Lion, 'One Day As a Lion' (Anti).
And more daily at OCweekly.com
Get the ICYMI: Today's Top Stories Newsletter Our daily newsletter delivers quick clicks to keep you in the know
Catch up on the day's news and stay informed with our daily digest of the most popular news, music, food and arts stories in Orange County, delivered to your inbox Monday through Friday.