In "Good Medicine" Daffodil J. Altan interviews Mary Jo Frawley of Doctors Without Borders, who may live in Sunset Beach, but her head and hart are in Sri Lanka, Somalia, Mexico, Angola . . .
News has Daffodil J. Altan explaining how Santa Ana Unified School District offers a lesson in upgrading and downsizing at the same time in "Renovation Under the Radar".
• The Weekly's standing columns, ¡Ask a Mexican!, Hey You! and Savage Love.
• Restaurant reviews of Irvine's newest Veggie Grill and Tokyo Teriyaki in Buena Park.
• Culture focuses on "The Giant And The Pixie" at Anaheim's Chance Theater and Trendzilla talks foot spas.
• Film reviews of 'Frost/Nixon', 'Cadillac Records' and listings of local special screenings.
• Music features articles on The Sea and Cake performing Friday at Glass House and Little Joy performing at Detroit Bar on Saturday. Chris Ziegler looks at DJ/Student Mono/Poly in Aural Reports. Locals Only listens to Matt Killar & The Angry Mob, and we've got CD reviews of The Supersuckers' Get It Together (Mid Fi) and The Killers' Day & Age (Island).
And more daily at ocweekly.com
If you like this story, consider signing up for our email newsletters.
SHOW ME HOW
You have successfully signed up for your selected newsletter(s) - please keep an eye on your mailbox, we're movin' in!