This Week In The OC Weekly
In "Hate and Death" R. Scott Moxley begs the question: Was the murder of Thien Minh Ly actually a hate crime? His killer's life hangs depends on one jury's answer.
In "Hot Air" Matt Coker investigates Larry Agran's hoopla and speechifying, to discover that not much great happening with the Great Park
• The Weekly's standing columns, ¡Ask a Mexican!, Hey You! and Savage Love
• Restaurant reviews of King's Lobster in Orange and A's Ace Burbers in San Juan Capistrano.
• Culture focuses on Logan Wood's wooden sculpture exhibit at Sue Greenwood Fine Art, Dagoberto Gilb's book 'The Flowers', fancy mani-pedi's in Long Beach and video games.
• Film reviews of The Dark Knight, Mama Mia and local special screenings
• Music dishes on the Stray Cats; Dave Segal's Sprawl of Sound covers Bethany Owen's vocal impressions; Rex Reason looks at Chuck Dietrich, of Bullet Treatment and Basement Records; Locals Only reports on Pepper and new CDs, Patti Smith/Kevin Shields, 'The Coral Sea' and Sebadoh, 'Bubble & Scrape,' are reviewed.
Get the This Week's Top Stories Newsletter
Every week we collect the latest news, music and arts stories — along with film and food reviews and the best things to do this week — so that you'll never miss OC Weekly's biggest stories. Every week we collect the latest news, music and arts