This Week in the OC Weekly
In "Out of Tune" Gustavo Arellano interviews Bob Gunn, the man who helped Mariners Chruch become an evangelical giant. Then the church fired him for being gay, and they've been in and out of court since.
News has Matt Coker explaining why Pastor Wiley Drake thinks he still has a unseating Barack Obama--sorry, Barack Hussein Obama in "The Preacher vs. the President-Elect."
And R. Scott Moxley takes a look at the new math on how many Mike Carona campaign contributors got badges in "Moxley Confidential."
• The Weekly's standing columns, ¡Ask a Mexican!, Hey You! and Savage Love.
• Restaurant reviews of Ellen's Pinoy Grille in La Palma and Taste of France in Huntington Beach.
• Culture focuses on Crystal Cathedral's "Glory of Christmas" and Trendzilla talks the return of the '80s.
• Our film critics review 'Yes Man,' 'Seven Pounds' and listings of local special screenings.
• Music features articles on Albert Ching's Favorite Things, the worst lyrics of 2008 and the top 10 Indie rock albums. Chris Ziegler looks at KUCI DJ Ashley Eliot in Aural Reports, Locals Only listens to Dolphin City and we've got a CD review of The Damned's "So Who's Paranoid" (The English Channel/Red Eye).
And more daily at ocweekly.com
Get the This Week's Top Stories Newsletter
Every week we collect the latest news, music and arts stories — along with film and food reviews and the best things to do this week — so that you'll never miss OC Weekly's biggest stories. Every week we collect the latest news, music and arts