This Week in the OC Weekly
In "The Reformer" Matt Coker educates us about longtime OC GOP legislator Ross Johnson finding a new life as a campaign-finance watchdog in Sacramento.
R. Scott Moxley explains the reason behind Mike Carona's smile in "The Crooked Sheriff Chuckled".
And Matt Coker dictates departing OC Register columnist, Gordon Dillow's final screed in "Dillow Unbound".
• The Weekly's standing columns, ¡Ask a Mexican!, Hey You! and Savage Love.
• Restaurant reviews of Café Piccolo in Long Beach and Mad Wolf Mongolian BBQ in Fullerton.
• Culture focuses on Michael Brown's Creepy Critters at Anaheim's Sarah Bain Gallery and STAGES production of Johnna Adams' 'Rattlers'. Trendzilla talks Feathers and Fringe.
• Film reviews of 'Quantum of Solace' and local special screenings.
• Music features articles on Dennis Lluy of Koo's Cafe bringing a bunch of Santa Ana's SoundDowntown Festival and Wonderlove. Chris Ziegler looks at Producer/Remixer Wes the Mess Readies from Dana Point in Aural Reports, Locals Only listens to The Sweet Sweet Things, and we've got CD reviews of Eagles of [CD Review] Travis, 'Ode to J. Smith' (Fontana) and [CD Review] The Bronx, 'The Brox III' (White Drugs Records).
And more daily at OCweekly.com
Get the ICYMI: Today's Top Stories Newsletter Our daily newsletter delivers quick clicks to keep you in the know
Catch up on the day's news and stay informed with our daily digest of the most popular news, music, food and arts stories in Orange County, delivered to your inbox Monday through Friday.