This Week in the OC Weekly
In "Metheds to His Madness" Vickie Chang investigates Ed McKie, the man who wants to create a safe space for gay recovering meth addicts in the Santa Ana Artists’ Village. His efforts have gone . . . about how you’d expect. Badly.
In "Suits vs. Skins" Matt Coker looks at San Onofre nudists. Do they stand a stitch of a chance against the state's efforts to cover them up?
In "Doctored Evidence?" Nick Schou looks at a lawsuit alleging an intriguing theory about how a pair of gloves and a gun ended up in a whistleblower physician’s car.
Los Angeles Angels vs. Seattle Mariners
TicketsFri., Jun. 30, 7:07pm
New Japan Pro Wrestling - G1 Special In The USA
TicketsSat., Jul. 1, 5:00pm
Orange County Soccer Club vs. Portland Timbers 2
TicketsSat., Jul. 1, 7:00pm
Los Angeles Temptation vs. Pittsburgh Rebellion
TicketsSat., Jul. 8, 7:00pm
• The Weekly's standing columns, ¡Ask a Mexican!, Hey You! and Savage Love
• Restaurant reviews of Blake's Place in Anaheim and Green Rice in Huntington Beach.
• Culture focuses on the utopias of sponge and cardboard at the Huntington Beach Art Center, Rude Guerrilla's 'The Seven Deadly Sins,' Taking the Maxi Dress to the Max and Viva La 'Revolution'
• Film reviews of Swing Vote, The Mummy and local special screenings
• Music dishes on Mötley Crüe; NOMO's modernized Afrobeat; Rex Reason looks at San Clemente's Büddafinger in Aural Reports; Locals Only listens to Barrett Johnson, 'In Case I Went Missing' and read new CDs, Abe Vigoda, 'Skeleton' (Post Present Medium) and Daedelus, 'Love to Make Music To' (Ninja Tune) are reviewed
And more daily at OCweekly.com
Get the ICYMI: Today's Top Stories Newsletter Our daily newsletter delivers quick clicks to keep you in the know
Catch up on the day's news and stay informed with our daily digest of the most popular news, music, food and arts stories in Orange County, delivered to your inbox Monday through Friday.