In "School Colors" Daffodil J. Altan looks at San Juan Capistrano’s schools, where white kids are painted into one corner, Latino kids into another. And asks: How did this happen?
In "Bent Over Rentl" Matt Coker looks into the historic $618,000 out-of-court settlement that was money well-spent for owners of a government-subsidized Stanton apartment complex.
• The Weekly's standing columns, ¡Ask a Mexican!, Hey You! and Savage Love
• Restaurant reviews of Casa Inka in Fountain Valley and El Amanecer in Santa Ana.
If you like this story, consider signing up for our email newsletters.
SHOW ME HOW
You have successfully signed up for your selected newsletter(s) - please keep an eye on your mailbox, we're movin' in!
• Culture focuses on Jim Hornung's 'Archeo-Art' show In Long Beach, Cartoonist Lynda Barry's How-To Book 'What It Is', Trendzilla talks Harvey's seat belt bags, and Game On dissects video games from the past
• Film reviews of Summer '08: Batman Saved the Season, While a Little 'Sex' Went a Long Way and the Indies Went South 2 and local special screenings
• Music features an interview with Brit trip-hop pioneer Tricky, worldly music websites, Rex Reason looks at the Simpkin Project; Locals Only listens to Baby Champ, 'Illoee', and new CD reviews of Nisennenmondai, 'Neji/Tori' (Smalltown Supersound) and Donavon Frankenreiter, 'Pass It Around' (Lost Highway)
And more daily at OCweekly.com