In "DIY Or Die" Vickie Chang interviews the women of the Long Beach Craft Mafia. They know that the handmade revolution will not be televised—it’ll be on Etsy.com.
And "The Echo Chamber" has Matt Coker explaining why when you say you build it, they will come—if the ‘it’ is a toll road over parkland
• The Weekly's standing columns, ¡Ask a Mexican!, Hey You! and Savage Love
• Restaurant reviews of Anaheim's Victory Bakery & Restaurant and Mi Casita in Placentia
If you like this story, consider signing up for our email newsletters.
SHOW ME HOW
You have successfully signed up for your selected newsletter(s) - please keep an eye on your mailbox, we're movin' in!
• Culture focuses on Animal Magnetism at the Orange County Center for Contemporary Art and STAGEStheatre's 'Larva Boy'. Trendzilla talks digging for Thrift-Store gold and Game On dissects 'Spore'—it isn't the leap you've been led to believe
• Film reviews of 'Choke,' Spike Lee's WWII Drama 'Miracle at St. Anna' and local special screenings
• Music features articles on Absorbing 'Death Magnetic,' Metallica's latest badass opus, entirely in video-game form and Detroit Bar-bound dance-pop duo Walter Meego. Rex Reason looks at Carlos Alvaro Jacobo in Aural Reports, Locals Only listens to Slings' 'The Old Hopeful Trail', and we've got CD reviews of Brightback Morning Light, 'Motion to Rejoin' (Matador) and Nelly, 'Brass Knuckles' (Derrty Ent, Universal)
And more daily at OCweekly.com