This Week in the OC Weekly
In our annual"If you believe a passenger jet hit the Pentagon on 9/11, then these local ‘citizen investigators’ say you’ve been . . . PentaConned!" Nick Schou interviews Aldo Marquis and Craig Ranke, two local 9/11 conspiracy theorists.
In "Moxley Confidential: Very Strange Bedfellows" R. Scott Moxley recognizes Senator Dick Ackerman doing the right thing in the case of James Ochoa.
In "Cutting Remarks" Daffodil Altan looks at plastic surgeon Brian West as he tries to get a restraining order against a former patient who got him into trouble with the state for violating the terms of the board’s alcohol-abuse treatment program.
• The Weekly's standing columns, ¡Ask a Mexican!, Hey You! and Savage Love
• Restaurant reviews of Blackmarket Bakery in Irvine and PK Burger in Brea.
• Culture focuses on the "New York School" art exhibit at Rohrer Fine Art in Laguna Beach, Shakespeare Orange County's latest, "Trendzilla" talks oversized blazers and "Game On" covers Soul Calibur IV's Lack of ideas
• Film reviews of Vicky Cristina Barcelona, Tropic Thunder and local special screenings
• Music features Arabian Prince, Orange County homelessness benefit CD 'Shelter Me', Rex Reason looks at OC surf-instrumental band Slacktone in Aural Reports; Locals Only listens to The Good Fiction and read new CDs reviews of Bodies of Water, 'A Certain Feeling' (Secretly Canadian) and Syclops, 'I've Got My Eye on You' (DFA)
And more daily at OCweekly.com
Get the ICYMI: Today's Top Stories Newsletter
Catch up on the day's news and stay informed with our daily digest of the most popular news, music, food and arts stories in Orange County, delivered to your inbox Monday through Friday.