Octomom Nadya Suleman Accuser Gina M. Bryson Makes Public Plea for Octuplets

A Rossmoor woman who cared for at least some of Nadya Suleman's 14 children in La Habra is backing up two former caregivers whose allegations of child neglect and other serious accusations against the so-called Octomom led to investigations by police and Child Protective Services (CPS).

Gina M. Bryson says she knows of what she speaks, claiming to be the informant who contacted the La Habra Police Department about horrid conditions in Octomom's former Madonna Lane home and the poor quality of care for the children. That probe is what led investigators to the two nannies, who Suleman has countered were not nannies but part-time volunteers.

See also:

[VIDEO: Nads Lawyers Up:] Octomom Nadya Suleman Accused of Child Neglect While Living in La Habra. Again
Octomom Nadya Suleman Flashes Boobs, Feeds "Baby" Vodka Hours After Child Case Dropped
Octomom Nadya Suleman Says Child Protective Services "Supports" Her Stripping and Porning

Bryson, who is married with four children, says she met Suleman through a friend and first visited the octuplets to watch over them in November 2009, when they were 10 months old. Bryson concedes she was kicked out after several hours for being too "bossy," complaining about the children's living conditions and quality of care.

Though Bryson says she thought daily about the children, she apparently did not see them against until May 2010, when she claims Suleman called her back to care for the babes, something Bryson says would continue to do more than once. Suleman never offered to pay for the care, and Bryson says she never asked for money. Bryson says at one point Suleman talked of splitting custody of the babies, having Bryson watch the children for days while Suleman pursued her porn career.

However, last month, Bryson said she could no longer take the squalor the children were subjected to. She says she called La Habra police and sparked the investigation that was handed over to the Orange County District Attorney's office (OCDA), which cited lack of evidence in declining to prosecute.

KCBS/Channel 2's CBS2 News in Los Angeles was preparing to air a long, investigative report based the nannies' allegations, Bryson claims, when the OCDA decision took the air out of the broadcast. And the airtime. Bryson says she sat with reporter Stacey Butler for four hours but that only a small portion of the interview was broadcast. The final version did include Bryson expressing disappointment in the OCDA decision.  

The Weekly asked Bryson to react to what came next: Suleman's on-camera interview where she claimed to be hiring a lawyer to sue her accusers for slander. Bryson believes Octomom obliquely referred to her as a stalker out to make money off Suleman's celebrity. So, we asked Bryson to take select Suleman quotes one by one:

SULEMAN: She hired a lawyer "to go against them for slander and all the false allegations against me and their elder children."

BRYSON: "Well, first off slander means something is untrue and I do wish for the children's sake it were not. I truly hope she finds an attorney naive enough to take her case as I would love nothing more than to go into a court of law as I would welcome the opportunity to have Nadya questioned under oath. The other benefit would be the transcripts would be sealed considering it is about minors, Nadya would not be able to profit from it!" 

SULEMAN: "These were not nannies; they were never former nannies. They were just occasional volunteers and/or babysitters that would just come in ..."

BRYSON: "The two nannies on Stacy Butler's interview were indeed paid nannies and if they wanted to make money they would have went to a rag magazine that paid them . . . not to Child Protective Services and the La Habra Police. It should also be mentioned that those interviews were done over five months ago and during a period I was not involved with the children. I didn't learn of what they contained until a few weeks ago, and shortly after is when I went to the police and CPS with my own evidence and concerns. As for myself, I was never paid and I know I spent more one-on-one time with each individual baby in the nine off and on months I took care of them than she did in the three and half years she has had them."

SULEMAN: "They were plotting for years--unbeknownst to me--to make money."

BRYSON: "Plotting for years? No, she is confused as usual. They were witnessing not plotting, and the more this is broadcast the more nannies/witnesses will see it and come forward because there is strength in numbers. The nannies all know how horrible it is there but are too intimidated because they signed a confidentiality agreement and because some are undocumented workers."

SULEMAN: "To actually accuse any of us--me, my children, my older children ... of any type of abuse--that's like the lowest blow you can go, with sexual abuse. ... I worked with children who have been molested and abused for years in school, working towards my counseling degree. That allegation is the sickest, sickest you can go."

BRYSON: :First, there is zero track record or any proof of Nadya working with children, and if she actually ever even went to school and learned ANYTHING she should realize that not protecting your children and allowing them to be the tortured and treated as mere play things and punching bags for the older children that you are allowing ALL of the children a lifetime of emotional scars is the sickest, sickest you can go!"

Bryson wanted to make clear the Weekly, "Please remember just because the district attorney sent the case back for lack of evidence doesn't mean it didn't happen or unfortunately isn't happening." She added that her specific allegations that contributed to the police investigation can be found in an open letter she posted on NadyaSulemanForum.

Following a strict set of guidelines that discourage name calling, the forum and its members for years have been monitoring what's been going on at the La Habra home, how the children are treated and other matters of concern. Bryson's letter on the forum, which better than anything I've read or seen explains her passion for protecting the octuplets, follows on the next page . . .

A Letter to the Forum from Gina B

I have been advised not to "join" the forum so instead I will share my information through here.

First off, reading this forum was a huge part of me coming forward....the details and information contained here are incredible and much of the stuff I had no idea had taken place and if not for the hard work of the people here I would have never known.

My first visit with the babies was November of 2009....they were almost 10 months old. I can seriously say they had me at hello, which was more of me saying hello and them crawling over and drooling on my leg. I was smitten. I was only supposed to visit a couple hours but I didn't leave until I was "kicked out" The nannies said I was too bossy. I had called things as I seen them that day and here a few suggestions I gave:

Carpet need to be cleaned...babies crawling on it and it was filthy, they were using nipples that had huge holes cut in them to allow them to feed them cereal with a bottle..problem they were using those same nipples for milk, which was just pouring out and soaking their shirts .... and they were being fed regular milk at 9 months, should have been formula... keep the twins away they are mean and way to rough on the babies.....I showed one of the nannies a penny I removed from a babies mouth....make 8 bottles at a time, don't walk in the room with one bottle because of course they are all going to cry for it. I could go on but I would be here all day and I was only there 7 hours.

I worried for them every day. In may of 2010 I was "asked" back by Nadya "she needed help...really liked me that one day" blah blah blah I knew the truth she was broke and couldn't afford help but I didn't care I was going to see them again and I started going a few hours here and a few hours there...the quality of the nannies had not changed..

I met one that loved the babies and they loved her and I wish I could find her....her name is Sue and she is a tall African-American woman with braids...her daughter also worked with her. She was the one that told me the nighttime nannies were tying, Jeremiah, Noah and Josiah into their cribs with cheese cloth and that one day Noah was bound so tightly Sue had to cut him out with scissors. They were putting the babies to bed usually dirty and as early as 4:30 pm for the night, this meant in their cribs, nursery door closed and not to be reopened until the next morning...no monitors...nothing!.

I bought them crib tents so they would not be tied and so they would be saved from hanging themselves while crawling out not to mention the wandering around unattended. I told Nadya either she get rid of them or I was not going to help and I would be turning her into CPS. I started going Wednesday through Sunday and depending on my work load I would get there between 12 and 2. I would do lunch....naps.....dinner.... baths...and after baths I would take them all in the nursery and I would sing songs...well ABCs and Twinkle Twinkle were about all I knew..

I never left until the last baby fell asleep, usually that would be Josiah and it would be between 8:30 and 9 verses around 5pm when I started. This arrangement went on until November. Nadya hated that the babies loved me (sick) and one day she said she wanted to do baths....because I had made baths the highlight of their day verses the lukewarm rinse off she gave them every other day in the tiny kitchen sink. I did everything...dinner...got her 8 sets of jammies diapers...8 bottles....even got them undressed and brought them up to her big bath tub..

After about 5 minutes in the tub Nadya came running downstairs screaming "Elijah say hi....Elijah say hi" I just couldn't believe what I just witnessed and I said as much when I ran past her to ck on the babies. We met at the top of the stairs and I told her I could NOT believe she had actually just left eight 22 month old babies in a tub full of water to check on a 9 year old in a locked down house with me watching him! she said "Gina you don't understand how over protective I am" and I told I thought that was the stupidest thing I had ever heard and that she was a idiot. I had more choice words for her and I left..

We had a texting war for a few days which ended with her saying she didn't need my help and me telling her she didn't want witnesses.

It broke my heart to not see them and I was very depressed so in order to cope I didn't watch/read or listen to anything about them for the next year and a half. I asked my friends not to tell me about stuff because I just couldn't handle it.

Again I got the phone call that Nadya needed help..she was sorry....blah blah blah this was June 1st and Sydney and I went the next day, we were in heaven. I didn't think they would remember me but it felt like they did. Josiah asked me "where you doggie?" my heart melted as I had taken Josiah to my house when he was 21 months and if he remembered the dog he remembered us..

A small portion of the of the events that happened next are contained in the interview on CBS....I will follow up with more information from June through now and post accordingly. I will also read through the forum and try to address some of the other questions and concerns....To the Forum, again thank you for all of your concern for these children. To Nadya and Gina R You keep telling lies and I will keep telling the truth!

Gina M Bryson

Follow OC Weekly on Twitter @ocweekly or on Facebook!


All-access pass to the top stories, events and offers around town.

  • Top Stories


All-access pass to top stories, events and offers around town.

Sign Up >

No Thanks!

Remind Me Later >