Monday's Headlines. No Surprises.
- Multimedia presentation of the weekend: If you haven't already seen it, check out the LA Times' Marlboro Marine multimedia extravaganza. It's a pretty amazing blend of video, audio and Times photographer Luis Sinco's thoughtful stills. Sinco, apparently also a pretty good writer, pens two accompanying print pieces detailing his relationship with James Blake Miller, a marine he photographed during the battle of Fallouja in November 2004. The shot (pictured) made Miller an icon of the war and forged a strange bond between subject and photographer. Sinco crosses the line between journalist and friend and writes about helping Miller deal with post-traumatic stress disorder.
- Cooler crime: Police say the two armed men who robbed a Rite Aid in Costa Mesa last night tried to lock an employee inside a cooler. Real classy. The guy escaped unharmed, though a little, y'know, cold.
- Would you let the Register cut your hair? Sure, if they're willing to shell out $85 for the top designer at this swanky Costa Mesa salon. And blimey, they are.
- Oh, joy: It's cold out and we're turning the heat up indoors. The good news is that gas bills aren't expected to exceed last year's.
- Today at 10:30 a.m.The 20th annual Veterans Day parade and ceremony begins in Fullerton. Details here.
Get the ICYMI: Today's Top Stories Newsletter Our daily newsletter delivers quick clicks to keep you in the know
Catch up on the day's news and stay informed with our daily digest of the most popular news, music, food and arts stories in Orange County, delivered to your inbox Monday through Friday.